Water appears in various places throughout the dream-scape. In The Natural World, there are several rivers on which you can walk.
On the original PlayStation and PSP, the water is several dots of different colors, like the static from a television. Though when playing on an emulator (other than XEBRA), the water quickly flashes between blue, white, and other colors depending on the texture set, and the emulator ePSXe will trigger the water to pulse from blue to grey, it can also quickly flash on and off. In PCSX the water will also slowly pulse in a smooth transition.
The appearance can also depend on what ISO file you download.
There are a number of objects that can appear in the water. Some examples are:
- The Fin of what appears to be a shark can be found in one of the rivers in The Natural World.
- Three fish can be found swimming in one of the rivers in The Natural World.
- A much larger fish can be found by the other fish.
- Tortoises can be found in the rivers in The Natural World.
- Buddhas can be seen meditating in the ponds of Kyoto.
- Buddhas can also be seen paddling a gondola down the river of Kyoto.
- A whale can be seen jumping out of the water in Happy Town.
- Ships can spawn in the ocean of the Violence District.
- Also in the Violence District, a car will sometimes drive into the water.